"What a beautiful food!" That's the first thought i have on my mind when i first saw this recipe. Then, here come the second thought "I will have to make this". Doesn't matter what it's going to taste like (and yes! it tastes great :)). It's look so beautiful that i would love to have it on my dinner table this evening :) So, let's make it!
For the dough:
- 120 ml milk, at 120 F ( heat about 40 seconds or so in microwave)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 + 1/2 tsp yeast
- 30 g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 50 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix and whisk a bit together -- yeast + sugar + warm milk -- set aside to foam.
- In a bowl of standard mixer, with a hand whisk, whisk together briefly -- yeast mixture + melted butter + egg --
- With the "hook" attachment, on a low speed, add in -- flour + salt -- , then let the machine knead the dough about 10 minutes, until a smooth ball form.
- Cover the bowl with a humid towel, place in a warm place and let the dough rise until double in size, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together -- butter + sugar + ground cinnamon -- until smooth.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough (onto floured surface) into rectangle shape, about 1 cm thick.
- Spread the filling all over.
- Starting from on large side, roll the dough into a (tight) log.
- With a sharp knife, cut the log in half, lengthwise.
- Twist them together, one over another, until the end. To make this look nice: Try to keep the cut side on the outside. Join both end together to form a crown.
- Transfer the finished dough to a baking tray lay with an parchment paper.
- Beke until gloden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
* you can also do all these by hand by it will take a while until dough is ready. But it's good exercise before eating though :)
One of many good ways to serve this is with a scoop of fresh whipped cream (whisk together: 1 packed tbsp light brown sugar / 1 cup of whipping cream, until fluffy) or your favorite cream cheese frosting :) Umm.. yummy Umm.. tasty Ummm.. one more! ;)
Fun to make, look great, taste good .. What do you think?
Yes! let's try to make one yourself and E-N-J-O-Y! ^_^