Originally from 101Cookbooks
What can be better than waking up in the morning by smell of hot muffins coming out from the oven? Blueberry muffin? so good!!! Especially if it made with whole wheat flour and wheat bran. You will feel in a good shape for the whole day ^^
Look, my kids even cannot wait until i finish taking a picture of these muffins. At first , I was afraid to do this recipe as it said "baby" but by looking at those healthy ingredients. I said "Let's do it". And i am so happy i did. The texture is a little bit sticky in the middle (i said "a little bit") as it mentioned that it's for "baby" i guess but the taste was delicious! I only made half of the recipe which come to 12 standard size muffins and both of my kids eat them all in one time, it took them about 5 minutes to finish. I am so happy!!!
You will need:
2 cups whole wheat Flour
1 and 1/2 cup Wheat bran
3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea Salt
1 and 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
2 tablespoons raw natural can Sugar (or brown sugar)
2 cups full fat Yogurt
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup light Honey (such as clover)
2 tablespoons melted Butter
1 cup of dried blueberry or your choices: raisins, chopped dried fruit, nuts, etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line muffin pan with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, combine together -- flour + wheat bran + salt + baking soda + sugar --
- In another bowl, beat together -- yogurt + egg + honey + butter --
- Add into the dry ingredients and fold in until JUST combined. Fold in 1 cup of your choices: raisin or nuts or .. Do NOT over mixing.
- Fill each paper case 3/4 full then bake until golden on top, about 15 minutes.
|Mix together dry ingredients|
|Mix together wet ingredients|
|Fold in dried blueberry and divide into each cup|
|Bake at 425 F until golden, about 15 minutes|
|Have a closer look!|
Now, Let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^