|Blueberry Buttermilk Cake|
Originally from SmittenKitchen
Crumble texture but very light, butter taste, not too sweet ^^ crispy on top make this cake so delicious!
What you need:
1 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 taspoon Baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted Butter, softened
2/3 cup plus 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (optional)
1 large Egg
1/2 cup Buttermilk, well shaken
1 cup fresh Bleberry
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Butter and flor a 9 inch cake pan.
- Whisk together -- flour + baking powder + baking soda + salt --
- In a large bowl, Bat -- butter + 2/3 cup sugar -- until pale and fluffy.
- Best in -- vanilla and zest (if using)
- Add -- egg -- beat well
- Mix in flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with -- buttermilk -- beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into cake pan, smoothing top.
- Sprinkle berry evenly over top and sprinkle with 1 and 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 35 minutes, until golden. Done!
|Mix together dry ingredients|
|-- butter + sugar -- until pale and fluffy|
mmm not quite but i begin to add other ingredients now :P
|Ready to spoon into cake pan|
|Sprinkle blueberry EVENLY over top|
|Don't forget!!! to sprinkle sugar|
(i almost did! :P)
|Bake until golden .. 20-25 minutes|
|Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack|
|With a cup of tea :) anyone?|
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^