|My daughter's design ^^|
Originally from MarthaStewart
This is my kids favorite cookies. Why? Because they can participate in all the process since making the dough, rolling, cutting into shape until put in the oven ^^ But their most favorite part is, of course, when they decorate them with icing and all sorts of sprinkle .. lick their finger, eat some, decorate some. Good moment ^^ This recipe is not too sweet and hold well the shape after baked. Love it!
You will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, sift together -- flour + baking powder + salt --
- In a mixing bowl on medium-high speed, beat together -- butter + sugar -- until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in -- egg + vanilla --
- Reduce speed to low, gradually add -- flour mixture -- mix until combined.
- Shape into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 45 minutes (up to 3 days)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Roll to 1/8 inch thick. Using cookie cuter cut out into any shape you like. Space 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Re roll scraps and cut out. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Bake until golden, 12 - 15 minutes. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
|Cream together -- butter + sugar --|
|Shape into a disk, wrap and refrigerate 45 minutes.|
|Roll out, cut out then refrigerate 15 minutes.|
|Bake 12 - 15 minutes in Preheat oven to 325 F.|
|My son's .. dinosaur|
|My daughter's .. teddy bear|
Now, Let's go make some & ENJOY