I love doughnut. Who doesn't?!?!?! :) Deep fly made doughnut sound unhealthy but since i heard about "Baked Doughnut" my mind just keep thinking about it "Doughnut .. Doughnut and Doughnut". Finally, today is the day, i am going to make it. Let's see!!!! or even better, Let's EAT!!!! :D
To be honest, there is, in anyway, the different between these 2 kinds of doughnuts. The texture of "Baked doughnut" is more like a "light" bread .. not as light as "Deep fly Doughnut" but thinking that it is healthier. Why not! Beside, the taste is great :)
I made "Baked Doughnut" once and it was so much fun to make. The method is like making a bread. (I love making bread! :)) The texture was a little bit dense. Of course, it was YUMMY. That's for sure :) So, this time i try "Baked Doughtnut" in Doughnut pan :) It soft, light, and yes, again YUMMY as usual :) It is more like a cake in circle form but that's still make me feel good eating them: healthy and it's DOUGHNUT!!!! ^_^
adapted from here
makes about 24 mini doughnuts
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp apple cider
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat "mini doughnuts pan" with cooking spray. Sprinkle "mini doughnuts pan" lightly with sugar, shake out excess.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together -- flour + baking powder + baking soda + salt + cinnamon + apple pie spice -- set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together -- egg + brown sugar + applesauce + maple syrup + apple cider + yogurt + oil --
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter into a zip lock bag. Cut one corner of the bag.
- Squeeze out the batter, almost 3/4 full, into each space. Not more than 3/4 full please!
- Bake until lightly golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Wait a few minutes then carefully (tapping) remove doughnuts from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Hope this will give you an idea of making some :)