I just love healthy food: anything whole wheat, oat, bran, oil, nut, etc. I guess everyone did love healthy food. But it 's just not easy to eat only that. But with creative ideas from lovely people who care about health out there everywhere in every countries from around the world, we have more and more new recipes which healthy AND delicious. We do no longer need to choose to eat healthy or eat happily. We can now have both ^^ I think it's fine not to always eat healthy. Some foods are not healthy for health but make you feel so happy to eat which is good for your mind! When you feel good, your body also feel good. So, it's not that bad, right? Well, there is moderation in everthing. I try to introduce my kids healthy food since they are little. So that , later, when they grow up, they can make a good choices for what they want to eat.
Personally, I cook or bake with healthy ingredients whenever i can. If i cannot make them 100% healthy, which is hard sometime with kids, i try to add even a little. It makes me feel so good (and not guilty) when i eat. It makes me feel so good when i make them for my family. It makes me happy when i see my kids eat them. It just so good not to say "stop", "later", "you have enough" or what so ever to my kids to make them stop when they want to eat more.
Like these cookies, the texture is like a soft cereal bar. It taste so good, really really good. Please bake this once. Give this cookies a chance. You will not regret. We love it! You too!!!
To make this healthy and DELICIOUS cookies, you will need: about 4 dozen small size cookies
Source: 101 cookbook
- 3 large ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 and 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chip, more or less as you wish ^^
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Rack in the to third.
- In a large bowl, combine -- mashed banana + vanilla extract + olive oil -- set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together -- oat + almond meal + shredded coconut + sunflower seeds + cinnamon + salt + baking powder --
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Fold in -- chocolate chips --
- With a small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, an inch apart.
- Bake as long as you want, until nice golden brown, about 20 minutes. Depend on the size of cookies ^^
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^