There is some day that i just wake up and think " i know what i want to eat today" Well, to "bake" to be exact ^^ Like today, when i woke up and i just have the thought that i will make oatmeal cookies today. This cookies is so yummy!!!! Sweetness from raisin, chewy (and good source of fiber) from oatmeal. Warm touch of Maple syrup. Crispy and sweet. Simply delicious .. no glaze need (at least, for me). The only regret i have is that i should bake the whole batch instead of 1/2 recipe .. cause i eat them all in once and nothing left for snack during the rest of the day! :}
Source: Adapted from La Kocinera ( Thank you ^^)
- 57 gram unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 + 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 + 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 + 1/4 cups dried raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together -- flour + salt + baking soda + oats + raisins -- set aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl with paddle attachment, cream together -- butter + maple syrup + sugar + brown sugar -- until light and fluffy.
- Add -- egg -- beat until well combined.
- Add -- dry ingredients (from stop.2.) --
- With small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, keep an inch apart between each cookies.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
* Store in air tight container for a few days.. if there is left ^^ (no way!!!!!!)
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^