Raining and cold. What a weather. This is what spring should be? :} Ooops, am i beginning my post by complaining?!?!!?? sorry ^^ Speaking about this recipe, what an interesting recipe. I like all the ingredients. It's quick and easy. It's healthy. I only baked 1/2 of the original recipe and finished it all in one day. The texture is soft and smell is just so good. The taste is great, apple everywhere ^^ Nut make this bread crunchy, nice! Let's make this together! ^^
To bake this, you will need: 9.5 * 3.5 * 2.5" loaf pan
Source: JoytheBaker (Thank you for this delicious recipe ^_^)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (You can also use only All-purpose flour or mix half-half)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated apples (i use "gala")
- 1/3 coarsely chopped apples (i use "granny smith")
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, divided
- Cinnamon and light brown sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together -- flour + sugar + baking powder + baking soda + salt + cinnamon + nutmeg --
- In a small bowl, whisk together -- buttermilk + canola oil + applesauce + egg + vanilla extract --
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add -- grated apple + flax seeds + 1/4 cup chopped walnut -- fold to incorporated thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle -- cinnamon sugar + chopped apple + 1/4 cup chopped walnut --
- Bake until golden brown, about 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^