|Buttermilk Ricotta Waffle|
Our family, we love waffles ^^ Ever since we have our nice waffle maker. We have so much fun tasting new recipes every sunday or so. Beside our all time favorite "Waffle Bran Flax seed", this recipe is new recipe we found and like :) It's light, soft, look nice (not burn, not stick too the maker) and of course it's delicious! The original recipe is already nice but i changed a few ingredients to suit my taste ^^
To do this yummy waffle, you will need: 4 round waffles
Source: In Jennie's Kitchen
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cane suger
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup smooth ricotta, if not, smooth it first in blender ^^
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon canola il
- Garnish: sliced almond, poppy seed, crushed nut, etc.. Optional .. your choice ^^
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together -- flour + baking powder + baking soda + salt + sugar --
- In a separate bowl, beat together -- buttermilk + ricotta + eggs + canola oil --
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cook the batter according to the waffle maker's instruction. Enjoy ^^
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^