Pizza Pizza. I like pizza. It's easy to make with a little patient of proofing time which worth waiting. Imagine fresh home made pizza that come right out from your own oven made just for you?!?!?!??! and yes, it's so much fun to make. The only problem you have to worry about is what you want to put on your pizza ^_^ you can put more, you can put less .. as you want it to be ^_^ as simple as that.
This pizza dough recipe come from my favorite chef "Jamie Oliver" : good ingredients with nice proportion. But as i am such a lazy girl, i did not follow his direction. Instead, I do everything with my stand mixer .. one bowl method! Sorry Jamie :}
- 400 gram strong white bread flour
- 100 gram finely ground semolina flour
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 325 ml lukewarm water
- In a stand mixing bowl, with a whisk attachment, whisk together -- bread flour + semolina flour + salt --
- In a small bowl, heat -- water -- in microwave until reach 120-130F (less than 1 minute)
- Add -- yeast + sugar + olive oil -- into the bowl of lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes.
- Change into a hook attachment, with machine running on medium speed, add liquid ingredients into the flours mixture. Mix until the dough obtain a smooth texture, 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into a big bowl lightly grease with oil. Cover with a damp tea towel. Place the bowl in a warm dry place. Let it sit until double in size or about an hour.
- Remove the dough onto a lightly flour surface. Knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hand. At this stage, you can wrapped in clingfilm and put in the fridge or freezer until needed.
- If not, then .. with the rolling pin, roll out the dough into a round circle (thin or thick as you like).
- Garnish with anything/as much as you like: Pesto + red onion, tomato sauce + grated mozzarella cheese + grated cheddar cheese, .. as i said .. whatever you like ! ^_^
To make "cheese crust":
Simply divided -- cheese stick -- into half then place them around the edge of the circle of pizza dough, torn side down. Begin from the outside edge, lift up the dough, pass it over and cover cheese stick until touch the other side of the cheese. Pinch/press the touching area of the dough firmly to seal the dough together to close the pocket and keep the cheese inside to create "cheese crust".
Note: If you cannot find "cheese stick". You can also cut the big piece of cheese into long stick shape.
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY!