Sour cream cake. Simple & classic cake that easy to please all ages at any occasions. With " brown sugar filling", it add a nice crunchy texture and caramel taste to the cake. Walnuts, or any nuts you choose will only make this cake even more interesting. Look good, taste great .. serve them along with a cup of tea or coffee. Happy afternoon tea ^_^
Brown sugar filling
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a small bowl, mix together -- brown sugar + chopped walnuts + ground cinnamon -- set aside.
• 3 cups all purpose flour
• 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
• 3/4 cup butter or margarine
• 1 and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 3 large eggs
• 1 and 1/2 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all dry ingredients -- flour + baking powder + baking soda + salt -- set aside.
- In a bowl of stand mixer, with paddle attachment, on a medium speed, beat together -- sugar + butter -- until creamy and pale. In case of margarine, the color might not change much but that is ok, just make sure that margarine and sugar are well combined then you can stop.
- Beat in -- vanilla extract + eggs -- mix until well combined.
- Add -- 1/2 the flour mixture -- then -- 1/2 the sour cream -- then -- the rest of the flour -- then -- the rest of sour cream -- beat well after each addition.
- Grease a tube pan and pour in -- 1/3 of the batter -- Sprinkle -- 1/3 of the brown sugar filling -- all over the surface, then -- 1/3 of the batter -- then -- 1/3 the brown sugar filling -- then finish with -- the rest of the batter -- then -- the rest of brown sugar filling --
- Bake at 350 F until nice brown color and cook through, about an hour. Cool cake in the pan for about 10 minutes before to transfer to wire rack. Serve warm ^_^
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY! ^_^