I am a "Cinnamon Roll" big fan. I love all kinds of nut. So, it makes sense that i immediately jump into this "Sticky Pecan bites" of Leite's Culinaria. The bite-sized snack and look so yummy, soft texture of the dough with sticky caramel sugar plus nutty pecan. Well, let say that you are going to have a hard time stop eating them, for sure!! ^_^ They are REALLY good!
Ingredients: make 24 mini
- 24 pecan halves
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven. Lightly butter the mini muffin pan unless they are nonstick.
- Place a pecan in each muffin cup, top side down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together -- flour + baking powder + salt -- until combine.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in -- cream -- until just combine. The dough doesn't need to be perfectly smooth. Let the dough rest for 2 - 3 minutes to firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together -- sugar + cinnamon -- Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll the dough to a rectangle shape about 12 * 7 inch with 1/4 inch thick. Use a small offset spatula to spread the dough with -- soft butter -- then sprinkle with -- a pinch of salt + brown sugar -- Starting at one long end, roll the dough tightly until finish the dough. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough roll crosswise into 24 equal pieces. Note: do this by first cutting the roll in half and then 1/2 of each (2) half, then 1/2 of each (4) half, then into 3 pieces of each half. Done! ^_^ Place each piece of the dough into a mini muffin pan. Note: If thing turn out not the way you want: cannot make the size of the rectangle asking, cannot cut into exactly 24 pieces .. no worry, just relax and roll out into the size you can, roll up into the log size that can fit into your mini muffin pan once they are cut. It should be about 1 cm thick or so. Just remember, shape won't change the taste ^_^
- Bake until nice brown color, about 12-15 minutes.
- Immediately turn the buns onto a sheet of parchment paper. Do NOT wait or they might get stick to the pan.They will still delicious but might not look so pretty through :D
- Serve warm. (or taste one just when it's hot .. right out from the oven, take a look/admire/take a pictures: front, back, on the side .. now that it's warm let taste a few more, clean up all the dishes then eat some more at room temperature and if still have some left, keep them in the fridge to eat again in the morning, ENJOY! ^_^)
Nice to serve warm ^_^
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^