|Waffle Bran Flex seed|
Originally from The Joy of Cooking
My husband love waffle. I have tried many recipes, too many that i husband complain when am i going to stop trying :D and so far this one is our favorite. They are quick and easy to make, no "waiting" time. Not a lot of dirty dishes after (important!). The waffle come out really nice, not sticky to the maker, crispy on the outside and soft inside. Taste? Delicious! Taste good with just enough sweetness :) We usually make waffle once a week on Sunday morning :) With this HEALTHY ingredients from this recipe ^^ Happy morning!
What you need: make 4 waffles
3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
3/4 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Wheat bran (or oat bran)
2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup Canola oil
1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
2 large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
* You will need Waffle maker (to make a thick one) for this recipe
- Pre-heat your Waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, stir together -- flours + bran + baking powder + baking soda + salt --
- Add in -- buttermilk + oil + maple syrup (or honey if prefer) + eggs + vanilla extract -- then whisk together until well blended.
- Cook the batter according to the manufacturer directions.
|Mix together -- dry ingredients|
|Add in -- wet ingredients|
|Whisk together until well blended|
|Cook according to manufacturer directions|
|Bip .. Bip .. Bip everyone on the table!|
* Serve with any fruits, any sauces (chocolate, syrup, etc), jam, anything! We prefer plain ;) I sprinkle "Flax Seed" (optional) on top for my cholesterol! ^^ good good!
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^