|Rasberry Swirl Pound Cake|
Originally from MarthaStewart
My girl love Raspberry (in fact she like any kind of berry) so i just try this recipe with Raspberry and they love it. They even can't wait until the cake cool down and eat half of the cake in 5 minutes! That should mean something no? ^^
What you need:
1/2 cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
1 and 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons Sugar
1 and 1/3 cups frozen Raspberry
1 and 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Sour Cream, room temperature
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly butter loaf pan and line with parchment paper then butter parchment.
- In a food processor, mix together -- raspberry + 2 tablespoon sugar --
- In a bowl: whisk together -- flour + baking powder + salt --
- In a electric mixer, beat together -- butter + 1 and 1/4 cups sugar -- until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg + vanilla -- beat to combine.
- With low speed, add flour mixture alternating with sour cream, in 3 batch. Beginning and Ending with flour mixture.
- Transfer half the batter to loaf pan and dot with 1/2 cup raspberry puree. Repeat with remaining batter and puree.
- With chopstick (my way :)) swirl batter and puree together.
- Bake about 1 hour or until golden brown. Done!
|Mix together -- Raspberry + 2 tbsp sugar|
|texture of finished batter|
* Store cooled cake, wrapped in plastic, at room temperature, up to 3 days
* With 1/2 recipe, i filled 1/3 of my loaf pan and i bake it about an hour.
Confession: I didn't use all raspberry puree in the batter, i afraid it becomes too red, so i only use half of it but i was WRONG. It turns out that i don't have raspberry at all on the bottom on my finished cake :'( Next times, i will use all of it and also make an extra to serve as sauce on the side.
|Oopsy, seem like i didn't swirl enough until the bottom :P|
Now, let's go make some & Enjoy ^_^