|Soft Yogurt Sandwich Rolls|
Source: BakingBites (THANK YOU!)
I love bread. I love to eat them. I love to bake them. But working with yeast is not so simple, not so easy. I mean, it's easy but there is a chance that it might not work, mean it might not become soft and light, not double in size, nothing. Anyway, it worth doing because fresh baked bread out from your own oven is something: smell, proud, .. it might not be the best bread but on your mind it's always a delicious bread ever ^^ This Soft Yogurt Sandwich Rolls turn out really nice. Not so light (may be because of me :P) but taste so great. Serve with a knob of butter while it's still hot .. so good!
To do this, you will need: 12 rolls
- 3 and 1/2 - 4 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3 tabspoon honey
- 1 cup warm water, 100 - 110 F
- 1 cup nature yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In an electric mixing bowl, combine -- 1/2 cup flour + active dry yeast + honey + warm water -- Stir well and let sit until slightly foamy, about 10 minutes.
- With dough hook attached, stir in -- yogurt + vegetable oil + salt + 2 cup the remaining flour --
- Gradually stir in -- more flour -- until you have a soft dough that sticks together pull away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding -- more flour -- if needed, until dough is smooth and electric, about 5 minutes.
- Please in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn risen dough out of the bowl and onto a lightly floured surface. Gently deflate, pressing into a rectangle (i shape mine into a log shape). Divide dough into 10 even pieces with a board scraper. Shape each piece into a round roll by taking all the corners of the piece you just cut and pull them together, pinching them to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet then repeat with remaining dough.
- Once all rolls have been formed, press down firmly on each one to flatten. Cover with a clean towel and let rise for 25 minutes.
- Bake until rolls are deep golden on the top and the bottom, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
After a long waiting time .. soon you will be happy to see the result and enjoy the rolls bake by you!
Now, Let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^