We love fruit in our family. Apple is one of many fruits that always in our fridge. We like to eat it fresh and we think it stay fresh longer in the fridge than outside especially when the weather is hot. There are so many kinds of apple available in the market: Mcintosh, Empire, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Fuji, .. We try to eat as varieties as possible but we like Gala (to eat fresh) and Granny Smith (to eat fresh and to bake). This cake look so nice, don't you think? The color is so nice. Apple pieces make this cake look so pretty. The taste? Yummy!!! Really nice, soft but firm, and tasty cake. Nutty flavor from walnut make is cake even more delicious. Oh yes, no butter in this recipe.. interesting?!?!?! ^^
Source: Smittenkitchen (Thank you ^^)
To make this cake, you will need: 8 serving
- 6 apples, original recipe called for "McIntosh" but i only have "Gala" and it works fine
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a tube pan. Mine is 10 inch tube pan with 4 inch hole.
- Peel, core, and chop apples into chunks. Toss with -- ground cinnamon + sugar -- set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together -- flour + baking powder + salt --
- In an another bowl, whisk together -- canola oil + pineapple juice + sugar + vanilla --
- Mix wet ingredient into dry ingredients.
- Add -- eggs -- one at a time. Scrape down the side of the bowl to make sure that all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Spread 1/3 of apples over it. Pour the remaining batter over the apples and arrange the remaining apples on top.
- Bake until a wooden pick test the cake come out clean, about 1 hour.
|What a colorful cake!|
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^