|Pear and Pecan Slice|
Originally from Taste.com.au
I still have not finished all the pear in my fridge yet. Enjoy it when fresh but i bought so many that it become ripe quickly all at the same time. No panic, i have an idea. How about this Pear and Pecan Slice. It change a bit from cake ^^ Sour cream, pear and nuts make such a nice combination. A thin layer of cake base with crunchy nut .. sweet pear pieces .. and cream sour cream on top. Good one. So, let's make it today ^^
You will need:
90 g unsalted Butter, chopped
1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup self-raising Flour, sifted
2/3 cup all-purpose Flour, sifted
250 g Pears, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup Pecan nuts, chopped
300 g Sour cream
1 teaspoon Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 8 inch square pan and line* with baking paper.
- In a food processor, mix together -- butter + sugar + egg + flour -- process until dough forms. Press into a pan.
- Bake until light golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in pan.
- In a bowl, combine together -- pears + pecans + sour cream -- Spread mixture over warm base. Sprinkle with -- cinnamon sugar --
- Bake until topping is set, about 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
*When cutting out a sheet of baking paper, allow 2 cm of overhang at each long end. Use the overhang to lift the slice from the pan.
|Mix together -- butter + sugar + egg + flour --|
|process until a dough form|
|press into pan|
|combine -- pears + pecans + sour cream --|
|spread mixture over warm base|
|bake until topping is set, about 25 minutes|
Now, Let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^