|Warm Sticky Pear Cake|
Originally from Taste.com.au
|.. with warm toffee sauce ..|
It's cold outside. I need a cup of tea (and hot chocolate for my kids ^^) but what can we bake to eat with? I have lots of nice (well ripe :D) pear in my fridge so why not bake something with pear inside? ^^ This is a very nice soft and tasty cake. Smell of warm cinnamon everywhere in the house. Sweetness from dates and runny caramel sauce on the cake .. Happy both mommy and kids ^^
What you need: 12 serving
1 cup (150 g.) dried pitted Dates, coarsely chop
1 cup boiling Water
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 cup Sugar
180 g unsalted Butter, softened
1 and 1/2 cups self-raising Flour
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
3 Pears, peeled cored and cut into 2 cm pieces * Packham or any
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup firmly packed brown Sugar
How to: For the cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a round 22 cm cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- In a heatproof bowl, mix together -- coarsely chop dates + boiling water + baking soda -- Set a side to cool then use a fork to coarsely mash.
- In a electric bowl, beat together -- sugar + 125 g. butter -- until pale and creamy.
- Beat in -- egg --
- Sift -- flour + cinnamon -- over the egg mixture.
- Add -- dates mixture + pear -- fold in until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan. Bake until cook through, about 1 hour.
|Mix together -- date + boiling water + baking soda --|
|Peeled, cored and cut pears into 2 cm pieces|
|Beat together -- butter + sugar -- until pale and creamy|
|Add egg, flour + cinnamon, then date + pear|
|Pour into a lined pan|
|Bake about an hour|
How to: For the warm toffee sauce
In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat together -- cream + brown sugar + remaining butter -- cook and stir for 5 minutes or until well combined.
|For the sauce: Heat together cream + brown sugar + butter|
|Heat on medium heat, stir until well combined for 5 minutes|
|Slice the cake and drizzle over the warm toffee sauce ^^|