Originally from MarthaStewart
Pecan & Mascarpone cheese, 2 delicious ingredients. You can't go wrong with this ^^ Delicious dessert! Be very careful of their small sizes, it makes you eat too many without knowing :D
What you need: makes 16 pieces
For the dough:
1/2 cup Pecans
1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup unsalted Butter, softened
3/4 cup All purpose flour
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Process pecans in a food processor until finely ground (about 1/3 cup)
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together -- mascarpone cheese + butter -- on medium-high until well blended.
- Add -- flour + ground pecans + salt -- mix just until dough comes together.
- Row dough into 16 @ 1 inch balls then press into bottoms and up sides of cups of mini-muffin tins.
|Process pecans in food processor until finely ground.|
|Best together -- butter + mascarpone cheese --|
|Add -- flour + ground pecans + salt --|
|roll into 16 @ 1 inch balls|
|Press into bottoms and up sides of cups|
For the filling:
1 large Egg
1/4 cup packed light brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Maple syrup
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
1 tablespoon unsalted Butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Pecan, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together -- egg + sugar + maple syrup + vanilla + butter + salt --
- Stir in -- pecan --
- Spoon about 1 and 1/2 tablespoon filling into each muffin cup.
- Bake pecan tassies until crust begins to turn golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let's cool completely in tins on wire rack. Unmold.
* Pecan tassies can be stored in single layers in airtight containers up to 3 days
|Whisk -- egg + sugar + maple syrup + vanilla + butter + salt --|
|Stir in -- chopped pecans --|
|Spoon 1 and 1/2 tablespoons into each cup|
|Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes|
|Let cool completely in tins on wire rack.|
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^