|Cheesecake marbled Brownie|
Originally from SmittenKitchen
For me, i find it's hard to make a perfect (mean not too moist and not too dry) brownie. Most of the times i undercooked them, and the rest of the times, i overcooked them :'( But with this recipe, my kids said "MORE! MORE!! :) The texture is just right: firm but moist. The taste is great: chocolate with cream cheese is just a great mix. Not too sweet with a little crunchy feeling from chocolate chips. Love it! :)
What you need:
1/2 cup unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
3 ounces unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
1 cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
2/3 cup All-purpose flour
How to: Brownie batter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Butter an 8 inch square pan.
- Heat -- butter + chocolate -- (double-boiler style)
- Remove from heat and whisk in -- sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt -- until well combined.
- Whisk in -- flour -- until JUST combined.
- Spread in baking pan.
|Whisk in -- flour -- until just combined|
|Spread in baking pan|
8 ounces Cream Cheese, well softened
1/3 cup Sugar
1 large Egg Yolk
1/4 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
How to: Cheesecake batter
- Whisk together -- cream cheese + sugar + egg yolk + vanilla extract -- until smooth.
- Dollop over brownie batter then swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over cheesecake/brownie batter swirl.
- Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes.
|Whisk together all cheesecake batter ingredients until smooth|
|Dollop over brownie|
|swirl it around|
|Sprinkle chocolate chips over cheesecake/brownie swirl batter|
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^