Originally from Taste.com.au
Pear season? Try this recipe. Taste good, feel good ^^ Cake is light. Spice is present. Apricot make a nice kick in the cake. I serve it with caramel (heat together sugar + water) Nice! ^^
What you need:
2 oranges, juiced
1 cup whole dried Apricots, roughly chopped
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Olive oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 cups Plain flour
2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Baking soda
2 firm Pears (Bosc), peeled, cored, and diced
2 tablespoon Icing sugar
* 1/2 cup whole dried apricot is about 10 whole dried apricots
* with 1/2 the recipe and i filled up 2/3 my 10 inch round cake pan (with 4 inch hole in the middle)
- Heat --1/2 cup orange juice + apricot -- in sauce pan over medium heat until warm. Remove fro heat and let's cool 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 320 F.
- Butter 22 cm. cake pan and line base and side with baking paper.
- Beat together -- sugar + oil + eggs + vanilla -- in large bowl until thick.
- Sift -- flour + cinnamon + nutmeg + baking soda -- over egg mixture
- Add -- apricot mixture (with juice) and pear -- Stir until well combined.
- Spoon batter into pan. Smooth top.
- Bake cake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan before releasing the side to cool completely.
- Dust cake with icing sugar. Serve!
|Prepare dry ingredients|
|Beat together wet ingredients|
|Sift dry ingredients over, then stir until well combined|
|Add -- apricot (with orange juice) + pear --|
|Spoon batter into pan|
|Bake for 60-70 minutes|
|Dust with icing sugar. Serve!|
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^