Originally from JamieOliver
Classic dish for every family, roast chicken .. simple ingredients but turn out to be something so tasty and healthy! Take a minute to prepare and let's your oven do the rest. Try "Organic chicken" if you can because it do changes everything: taste, texture, color, form, everything!
What you need:
1 whole Chicken
2 Onion, cut into 8 pieces
1 Tomato, cut into 8 pieces
1 whole Garlic, cut in half
a few tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
Seasoning: Salt, ground black Pepper
Optional: Maggi, roast Sesame see, (fresh/dry) herbs: thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano, etc.
* You can also add any other veggies you like, it's your choices! Quantities is also up to you. Put more or less as you like ^^ It's your meal!!
- Pre-heat oven to 475 F.
- Prepare veggies: Cut everything in cube, about the same size so that they are cook at about the same time. Drizzle over with olive oil and seasoning with salt & pepper.
- Prepare chicken: Wash and dry well the chicken. Drizzle over with olive oil (or knob of butter on top just before to put in the oven) then seasoning well with salt & pepper inside the chicken's cavity. Put in Lemon (that has been picked all over with a knife) then close it with wooden pick. Also, seasoning the whole chicken skin with salt & pepper, herb (if using) then tap tap (to make it stick and stay!!)
- Put the chicken tray into the oven then turn down the temperature IMMEDIATELY to 400 F and cook for about 1 hour/kg of chicken. Turn one times after an hour.
- Let chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
|Cut everything in cube, about the same size.|
Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt & pepper from top.
|Rub chicken with olive oil, sprinkle salt, pepper|
(Maggi & roast sesame seed, herb if using)
|Put in Lemon and close.|
|Cook the chicken in 400 F for about 1 hour/kg of chicken|
* Serve with Rice, Bread, or just as it is ^^ All taste good!
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^