|Pear Tart Tatin|
Originally from MarthaStewart
This dessert is So good!!!! Quick and Delicious. The only problem is to try (hard) not to finish all in one times + have to do exercise after :P
What you need:
1 rolled frozen Puff Pastry, thawed (square shape work just fine)
2 firm, ripe Pear (Bartlett), peeled, halved, cored and cut into 8 wedges
1/2 cup Sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoon Cider Vinegar (or White Vinegar)
2 tablespoons unsalted Butter
1 tablespoons Water
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In medium cast iron or ovenproof nonstick skillet, cook together -- sugar + vinegar + water -- over medium heat until golden, without stirring!
- Stir in -- butter --
- Arrange pear wedges in a circle along the edge of skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook until pears are crisp-tender.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Drape chilled pastry (that you already make a small holes everywhere with fork) round over pears, tucking edge under.
- Bake about 15 minutes with oven-safe plate on top of pastry, then 15 minutes without plate.
- Run a knife around edge of skillet and carefully invert tart onto a serving plate.
|Cook together -- sugar + vinegar + water -- NO STIR!|
|Add -- butter --|
|Add -- pears --|
|Cook on both sides of pears|
|pinch thawed puff pastry with fork|
|Drape over pears|
|Bake about 30 minutes|
|Invert onto serving plate. Done!|
|Want a bite? :)|
* serve with Vanilla Ice cream, Whipped cream, Double cream, anything :)
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^