Originally from MarthaStewart
There is a lot of fresh strawberry everywhere right now. We love to eat them fresh, it's the best! But why not, put some in the cake, that could be nice ^^ This cake is delicious. Texture is nice. When you bite, you will first feel the crispy on top, next come the soft cake, then not in each bite but when you hit the whole baked strawberry, mumumum yummy ^^
What you need:
90 gram unsalted Butter, softened
1 and 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoon Sugar, divided
1 large Egg
1/2 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 pound strawberries (or as much as you want, it's what i did ^^ )
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 10 inch pie plate (i use cake pan and it works fine ^^ )
- In a medium bowl, sift together -- flour + baking powder + salt --
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, Beat together -- Butter + 1 cup sugar -- on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium-low, mix in -- egg + milk + vanilla --
- Reduce speed to low, gradually mix in -- flour mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pie plate.
- Arrange strawberries on top of the better, cut side down.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over strawberries.
- Bake cake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F, then bake 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pie plate on wire rack.
|Beat together -- butter + sugar --|
|Mix in -- egg + milk + vanilla -- then -- flour mixture --|
|Decorate with strawberries, the way you like|
|Bake 10 minutes at 350 F, then about 1 hour at 325 F|
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^