Easy and Tasty. Soft and (super) so light that you can eat the whole cake alone in one time (except you have a problem with cholesterol :P then you shouldn't .. only haft may be? :D)
What you need:
unsalted Butter, room temperature, for pan
3/4 cup Sugar, plus more for pan
1 and 1/2 pound Ricotta cheese, pureed in a food processor until smooth
6 large eggs, seperated
1/4 cup All-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Finely grated zest of 1 orange or 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Generously butter and sugar a 9 inch (3 inch deep) spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together -- ricotta + egg yolks + flour + 6 tablespoon sugar + the zest (if using) + salt --
- Whisk -- egg whites -- with a mixer on low speed until foamy. Raise speed to high and gradually add remaining -- 6 tablespoon sugar -- whisk until stiff (3-4 minutes).
- Gently fold 1/3 of the whites into ricotta mixture until just combined. Gently fold in remaining whites until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until center is firm and top is deep golden brown, about 1 hour.
|pureed ricotta until smooth|
|Smooth as silk!|
|Mix in -- ricotta + yolks + flour + sugar + zest + salt --|
|Whisk egg whits until foamy then add sugar and whisk until stiff|
|Gradually add into ricotta mixture|
|Ready to bake|
|Butter and sugar the cake pan|
|Pour in the batter|
|Bake about an hour.|
|(optional: sprinkle icing sugar and cacao on top to decor)|
* Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes until cool completely before serving.
Now, let's go make some & ENJOY ^_^